Senior/Lead Frontend Software Engineer
March 31, 2021
$140-180K • Remote
Who We Are
At Microsoft Ignite 2021, Satya Nadella said ‘we are at peak centralization; the future of cloud is ubiquitous and decentralized.’
This is the future Salad is building.
Salad activates the latent resources of idle gaming PCs on the web’s most trusted "AFK-for-pay" marketplace. Our users (or “Chefs”) turn a wealth of dormant processing power into games, DLC, gift cards, subscriptions, and more. With tens of thousands of daily active nodes, Salad’s network is rapidly growing, costs a fraction of equivalent cloud spot instances, and now rivals the world’s 5th largest supercomputer. To the cloud incumbents, we say your margin is our opportunity - and with less than 0.05% market penetration of our addressable supply, Salad truly is only just getting started!
In a world hungry for computational resources, every connected computer is vital with meaningful untapped value. Now that cloud technologies are spilling over into consumer operating systems, our workload-agnostic infrastructure layer is ready-made to tackle high-performance computing tasks. Whether the job’s P2P bandwidth sharing, AI inference training, applied edge computing—or anything else that takes hard crunching—it will be no match for our ever-ready kitchen, nor will the datacenters of Web 2.0.
Salad is at a key inflection point: we've successfully built a seed-stage product to connect gamers, their idle computers, and the ever growing demand for computer power - we have solved the ‘human problem’ that unlocks the distributed computing opportunity. Now, we're ready to put fuel on the fire and scale Salad into the next big thing in computing. As an engineer on the cross-functional team, you'll work collaboratively with product managers, designers, fellow engineers, and support technicians to build high-impact features in our core and developing products. This role is highly technical, and you'll be a top code contributor. Your efforts will be focused on APIs, microservices, data security, and third-party integrations.
We support some flexibility with work schedules, but we also work together as a tight-knit team. Collaboration and meetings necessitate a time zone from UTC-05:00 (Eastern Time Zone) and UTC-09:00 (Alaska Time Zone).
- Evolving the UI platform that drives Content Collaboration functionality within the Workspace product as well as the ShareFile stand-alone product.
- Maintaining consistency of user experience and design patterns for features developed across multiple feature teams.
- Modernizing the application and keeping it up to date with new frameworks and versions.
- Working closely with the Design and Product teams to create streamlined and responsive user experiences.
- Reviewing contributions to the code base for consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Driving architectural and technical decisions for improving Citrix products and processes.
- Mentoring and learning from your co-workers.
- Experience with building applications using asynchronous patterns.
- Experience writing clean, modular code in large codebases, also building and utilizing unit and integration tests.
- Experience developing applications for all modern evergreen browsers and screen sizes.
- Experience monitoring the health and debugging issues in server side components.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years; or a PhD without experience.
- High proficiency with 2 or more of the following: React | Angular, .NET Microservices, ASP.NET, Node.js.
- Multi-tenant SaaS application development.
- Experience working in a development environment that uses CI/CD.