March 31, 2021
$105-120K • Remote
Who We Are
At Microsoft Ignite 2021, Satya Nadella said ‘we are at peak centralization; the future of cloud is ubiquitous and decentralized.’
This is the future Salad is building.
Salad activates the latent resources of idle gaming PCs on the web’s most trusted "AFK-for-pay" marketplace. Our users (or “Chefs”) turn a wealth of dormant processing power into games, DLC, gift cards, subscriptions, and more. With tens of thousands of daily active nodes, Salad’s network is rapidly growing, costs a fraction of equivalent cloud spot instances, and now rivals the world’s 5th largest supercomputer. To the cloud incumbents, we say your margin is our opportunity - and with less than 0.05% market penetration of our addressable supply, Salad truly is only just getting started!
In a world hungry for computational resources, every connected computer is vital with meaningful untapped value. Now that cloud technologies are spilling over into consumer operating systems, our workload-agnostic infrastructure layer is ready-made to tackle high-performance computing tasks. Whether the job’s P2P bandwidth sharing, AI inference training, applied edge computing—or anything else that takes hard crunching—it will be no match for our ever-ready kitchen, nor will the datacenters of Web 2.0.
Salad is at a key inflection point: we've successfully built a seed-stage product to connect gamers, their idle computers, and the ever growing demand for computer power - we have solved the ‘human problem’ that unlocks the distributed computing opportunity. Now, we're ready to put fuel on the fire and scale Salad into the next big thing in computing. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Test Engineer to help us build this future of computing. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, this role will have the opportunity to influence the design of key components and drive the implementation of major features.
We support some flexibility with work schedules, but we also work together as a tight-knit team. Collaboration and meetings necessitate a time zone from UTC-05:00 (Eastern Time Zone) and UTC-09:00 (Alaska Time Zone).
- Create tests to identify software problems
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests
- Document results of tests for the software development team
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
- Works together with the software developer to enhance and improve programs
- Research and compare similar competitor products
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements
- Extensive experience in software development and testing
- High proficiency in computer technology and programming languages
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows
- In-depth understanding of Java, Python, SQL, C++ and XML
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject