March 31, 2021
$50-90K • Remote
Who We Are
At Microsoft Ignite 2021, Satya Nadella said ‘we are at peak centralization; the future of cloud is ubiquitous and decentralized.’
This is the future Salad is building.
Salad activates the latent resources of idle gaming PCs on the web’s most trusted "AFK-for-pay" marketplace. Our users (or “Chefs”) turn a wealth of dormant processing power into games, DLC, gift cards, subscriptions, and more. With tens of thousands of daily active nodes, Salad’s network is rapidly growing, costs a fraction of equivalent cloud spot instances, and now rivals the world’s 5th largest supercomputer. To the cloud incumbents, we say your margin is our opportunity - and with less than 0.05% market penetration of our addressable supply, Salad truly is only just getting started!
In a world hungry for computational resources, every connected computer is vital with meaningful untapped value. Now that cloud technologies are spilling over into consumer operating systems, our workload-agnostic infrastructure layer is ready-made to tackle high-performance computing tasks. Whether the job’s P2P bandwidth sharing, AI inference training, applied edge computing—or anything else that takes hard crunching—it will be no match for our ever-ready kitchen, nor will the datacenters of Web 2.0.
Salad is at a key inflection point: we've successfully built a seed-stage product to connect gamers, their idle computers, and the ever growing demand for computer power - we have solved the ‘human problem’ that unlocks the distributed computing opportunity. Now, we're ready to put fuel on the fire and scale Salad into the next big thing in computing. We are looking for a Community Manager to help us build Salad’s future. Reporting to the Brand Director, this role will have the opportunity to share our collective message, educate and connect with the community and drive engagement.
We support some flexibility with work schedules, but we also work together as a tight-knit team. Collaboration and meetings necessitate a time zone from UTC-05:00 (Eastern Time Zone) and UTC-09:00 (Alaska Time Zone).
As Community Manager, you will be responsible for providing a strong connection between the gaming community and Salad’s internal teams. You should demonstrate passion for the gaming industry and gaming communities. The Community Manager is creative, driven and personable and will be responsible for building, managing, and engaging with the Salad and other gaming communities. You will engage, collect, organize, and escalate community feedback to ensure that we hear our users and build out the best platform available.
- Join and actively participate in outside gaming forums and online communities on behalf of Salad
- In collaboration with the Brand Director, you will determine the community strategy and the creation of online and offline events.
- You will work with the production team to define the tools necessary for proper management of the community with Salad’s platform.
- You will implement and supervise content KPIs to demonstrate success and ROI of community programs and content.
- In collaboration with Brand, Product, and Engineering teams, you will guarantee the production of community assets such as screens, podcasts, videos, etc.
- You will need to maintain a consistent and positive presence in discussion forums in order to understand the state of the community, and what they need.
- You will need to build and maintain relationships with key community influencers.
- Collaborate on the creation of player-facing resources and content such as guides, videos, FAQs to help enhance and deepen the user experience.
- Brainstorm on the right assets to appeal to our target audience and make the project stand out from competition.
- Advanced knowledge of Discord, Twitter, Reddit, and other popular social media platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to respond to inquiries in a timely manner, and create excitement within the community
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of esports across multiple gaming communities